What’s in a label?
Over the years I have come across hundreds of clients whom have experienced different forms of chronic fatigue that have been labelled as many different illnesses. In this post we will discover whether chronic fatigue really exists, what is the meaning to all these illnesses and symptoms and discover what chronic fatigue really is.
So here we go.
Q. Is chronic fatigue an illness? A. Not a straight forward answer as it would appear that there are many. Is it:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – CFS
- Myalgic Encephalopathy – M.E.
- Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome – FMS
In fact the more I researched the longer the list got. In fact fatigue can be linked to any of these: 
- Autoimmune diseases such as celiac disease, multiple sclerosis, and spondyloarthropathy
- Blood disorders such as anemia and hemochromatosis
- Drug abuse
- Depression and other mental disorders that feature depressed mood
- Eating disorders, which can produce fatigue due to inadequate nutrition
- Endocrine disease like diabetes mellitus and hypothyroidism
- Heart disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome such as Fructose malabsorption.
- Liver failure
- Infectious diseases such as infectious mononucleosis.
- Leukemia or lymphoma
- Neurological disorders such as narcolepsy, Parkinson’s disease and post-concussion syndrome
- Physical trauma and other pain-causing conditions, such as arthritis
- Sleep deprivation or sleep disorders
- Relationship and emotional issues
- Side effect of certain medications
- Hypersensitivity to electromagnetic devices, radio waves, micro waves, chemicals, pollution and other man-made synthetic products.
The list just goes on and on… Don’t panic and start worrying that because you have chronic fatigue then you now have cancer or a degenerative disease such as Parkinson’s.
So what is it?
In my next post we shall explore if chronic fatigue does exist and and what it really is. Just a quick statement particularly for those of you who are experiencing chronic fatigue. I am not questioning whether the symptoms exists, however, I am going to throw everything thing up in the air as to whether the illness does. [to be continued in part2].
To follow this post just subscribe to the blog.
Got an opinion or a comment then post it below. Don’t forget to share the blog too as it may be useful to someone you or they know!